How to Apply
Class Application and Admission Procedures
- Application procedures
- Online application form
- Online recommendation form
- admission process.
- Dates of notification.
- Fee payment procedures.
Students must apply to participate in an OSLEP class. The minimum requirements are a 3.0 cumulative GPA, with an academic standing of sophomore or above. The application package consists of a completed application form, an essay, a copy of your transcript, and a recommendation from a faculty member who is familiar with your academic work. Each class is 3 credit hours. Applications are reviewed by the OSLEP office and students are selected on the basis of their academic and leadership qualifications, major area of study, and preference of scholar/topic. To apply:
- Click on the link above to get to the on-line application. APPLY EARLY. Indicate on your application the order of your scholar preferences. Although you may apply for more than one class, you might not get in more than one, so mark your first choice first.
- Fill out the application and submit it on-line. Email a copy of your transcript (a student copy is acceptable) and your essay as an attachment to email@example.com. Please notify the OSLEP office of any change of address or telephone number. Please be sure to include your e-mail address and your cell phone number.
- Communicate with the faculty member who is going to provide your reference and give them the link for the on-line reference form.
As soon as your application is complete, we will let you know whether you've been admitted and what you need to do next. We will also send your admission packet, which provides details about the class and assignments, to your campus coordinator.
Assignments vary from class to class, but typically include reading and questions to be submitted at the first class period, and at least one paper. Assignments are designed and graded by a faculty member who works with the scholar. All classes require reading in advance. Complete details will be provided after you have been admitted to a class
DATES OF ADMISSION & NOTIFICATION
The earlier you apply, the earlier we can let you know whether you will be admitted. Completing your application early gives you a better chance of being admitted to the class of your choice. We want to admit you to an OSLEP class during pre-enrollment, so that you can include the hours in your course load for the coming semester.
Wait List: If you apply after a class is filled you may go on a wait list. There is no particular order to the wait list. When there is a vacancy in a class, we evaluate all applications.
REGISTRATION & FEE PAYMENT
The options for registration and fee payment depend on which university you attend.
- Students from Cameron University, East Central University, Langston University, Northwestern Oklahoma State University, Oklahoma Baptist University, Oklahoma City University, the University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University, Rogers State University, Southern Nazarene University, Southeastern Oklahoma State University, Southwestern Oklahoma State University, the University of Central Oklahoma, and the University of Tulsa may register through their home institutions. Please contact your campus coordinator for details.
- University of Oklahoma students, if admitted in a timely fashion, may enroll through ozone.ou.edu. Electronic special permission must be obtained in the OSLEP office, Monnet 559, in order to register. OU students pay a flat fee to attend. The January - April, 2014 classes are part of the spring semester flat rate. The May classes are part of the May-July flat rate.
- All other students and OU students who do not register electronically will register at the class. Undergraduate students will enroll in a 4000-level course, for 3 hours of credit. Graduate students enroll in 3 hours credit.
NO AUDITORS ARE PERMITTED. You must make a commitment to participate in ALL class activities and will miss your regular classes. OSLEP will provide books, meals and housing at no cost to students.